We are currently looking for amazing people to join our growing team!
Relationships Matter Therapy- Austin is a community of helping professionals working to enhance the mental well being of kids, adults, families, and couples in our community. We are a fun and dynamic group of clinicians who value working collaboratively and helping improve the health and wellness of our communities.
It is important that providers at Relationships Matter Austin align with the mission and values of the practice. We believe in creating the best atmosphere for our clients and employees and in giving back to our community.
Our practice values confidentiality, trust, respect, compassion, collaboration, and diversity and we are passionate about working with members of our communities to thrive in both their own lives and in their relationships. We believe in access for all regardless of race, gender, or financial ability.
Are you an LMFT Associate, LPC Intern, or LMSW looking for….
- A counseling site where you can earn clinical internship hours in a boutique private practice setting?
- An internship location that provides client referrals, consultation, support, encouragement, and mentoring?
- An internship site where you are given the opportunity to learn about the business side of private practice?
If so, the Relationships Matter Therapy- Austin may be just the place for you!
What we’re looking for….
- LPC Interns, LMFT Associates, and LMSWs who love working with couples and families, as well as individuals
- Clinical interns who have their own clinical supervision and professional liability insurance
- Ability to schedule as many as 12-14 clients a week, with an average of 10-12 clients seen each week
- Ability to work Saturday or Sunday and one or more weekday evenings, with daytime hours also available, if desired
- Preferred candidates will have completed (or will be completing soon) a post-graduate training program in a couples counseling methodology, such as Gottman, EFT, PACT, Imago, etc.
- Experience with Sex therapy, Recovery work, Multi-cultural, Feminist, LGBTQIA+ affirming
- Clinical trainings in EMDR, Prepare/Enrich, Somatic Experiencing, CBT, DBT, or others are an asset, but not required
- Education and training working with adolescents and families is important if working with teenagers
- Life experiences that make you especially well-suited to and passionate about the counseling profession
What we offer you….
- Client referrals to fill your schedule, and space to see clients you self-refer or who contact you directly at Relationships Matter Therapy- Austin
- A competitive hourly rate of pay for each client you see as a W-2 employee
- Furnished professional office suite and a private office for your client appointments
- All business infrastructure – including marketing and advertising, scheduling and practice management system, phone system, personalized email, business cards, office computer, office supplies and materials, etc.
- A growing group practice with opportunity for case consultation group meetings, business mentoring, and connection with other clinical interns
Interesting in joining our team? Follow the instructions below and we’ll be in touch….
Please include your resume showing relevant work experience and a 1-2 page cover letter that summarizes:
- Why you are interested in this position.
- How you hope to use this position to influence the practice and greater Austin community.
Founder & Director
Relationships Matter Therapy- Austin
Relationships Matter Therapy- Austin specializes in relationships!
Relationship with partners, family, co-workers, and relationship with self ….
Relationships Matter Therapy- Austin is a privately-owned, “client-centered” counseling agency. We offer the Austin and surrounding communities affordable counseling fees, and weekend, evening, and daytime appointment times.
So what does it take to be a good therapist? First of all, you must love doing therapy. You must believe in your own creative power to put things together with vision and insight. You must have confidence in your understanding of people involved. You must love the drama and be fascinated with the sudden revelations that bring enormous changes. You must stand for truth and be able to question everything, down to everyone’s secret motives. You must love humanity and be willing to empathise with all those who suffer, to get inside their skin and see the world through their eyes. You must dream and follow your imagination wherever it leads. You must love humour for it restores balance. You must delight in language and all it’s nuances. You must be sensitive to life’s contradictions and always suspicious that things aren’t always what they seem. You must be brave and audacious, and tolerate ridicule. And most of all, you must be brave enough to provide the spark that bridges the gap between limitations and possibilities, knowing that there’s a great deal to human beings, so a great deal can be made out of them. They don’t have to stay the way they are now and we don’t have to see them only as they are now, but also, as they might become.
— Cloe Madanes, The Therapist as Humanist, Social Activist, and Systemic Thinker